Brush Square Museums Foundation, Inc. (formerly Friends of the O. Henry and Dickinson Museums, Inc.) adopted its official new name at its Annual Meeting in February 2015.
Our mission and nonprofit organization remains the same.
Please continue to read about our upcoming events and news on our NEW SITE!
This domain and web site will not be renewed for 2016, so please add our new site to your bookmarks now. We plan on moving this site’s old posts to an archive on the new web site.
Posted in News
Tagged board, thankyou
What a grand 150th birthday celebration
for O. Henry!
A BIG Thank You To Everyone:
- The wonderful Friends of the Museum volunteers Rusty and Julianne for refreshments and helpers Mattey, Stephen, Laura, Clay Smith, Bert, Clay Leben, Terri, and Walter who pitiched in,
- Big Top Candy Shop,
- Lyle Boardman of the Austin Stamp Club, Barbara Pokorny and Postmaster Fina Morales of the Austin Post Office,
- Our dedicated Austin Parks & Recreation museum staff Michael, Quinn, and docents
- The New Hill City Quartet musicians,
- The 12 talented writers (see below) who read O. Henry’s “Buried Treasure,”
- Michael Miller and staff of the Austin History Center and Capitol Visitor’s Center for their collaboration,
- The enthusiastic public patrons who attended, not to mention the cool, rain-free weather that made it all a perfect, shoe string Austin event.
Photo Album (click on the right edge of the photo to advance)